Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Incest? Or not?

     I have a really close knit group in college, back when i was still studying nursing, composed of 11 crazy girls. We sort of lose contact from time to time because we started to have different schedules and responsibilities but we keep in contact from time to time.

     When I woke up this morning, I received a text message from one of them expressing concern and panic for one the girls. She said that one of our friends posted her facebook wall that she's pregnant again (she hasn't graduated college, and she has had a previous child from someone she didn't marry)!

     This was an issue but to make matters worse, i just found out that her new boyfriend is just a cousin! I almost fell off my seat upon hearing this. Her defended herself saying that this cousin was beyond 3rd degree and is considered OK. I'm still bothered by the thought and have no knowledge about how far in relation do you have to be so it wouldn't be called incest.

     Could you please shed some light! Thoughts? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment