Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shifting. At a crossroads.

I haven't mentioned in my previous blogs that i was studying nursing for four years before i shifted to Hotel Administration. Well, I did. It was a big shift and a lot of people told me that I was stupid for doing so because I was almost done with nursing.

I do feel bad for my parents because they already expected so much from me. I feel bad about all the time and effort I gave to Nursing. I feel bad that all my batch mates just graduated and i'm basically starting all over again. I feel bad that I have to adjust to this whole new environment.

Other than that, I feel great.

It was the first semester of my fourth year, everyone was finishing up with their requirements and starting to draft their thesis. I was basically on the same page with them except that I had A LOT of extensions (due to absences in the ward) and I only had 1 out of 15 requirements done with regards to the delivery room.

It would have been easy to finish it all of because my mom knew a lot of head nurses that were willing to let me get DR cases, that wasn't a problem. The problem was I don't show up BECAUSE I hate the DR. I puke whenever I witness an NSVB and faint when I'm about to hold a newly born baby. I JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT.

So even if I could pass everything BUT the 15 requirements and show up during ward, i still wouldn't be able to graduate.


.... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment