Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Choi Garden (Greenhills)

     I went out on a date last Saturday, and although my date wanted to eat Italian, I was craving for really good Chinese Dim sum (SIOMAI) since I really miss Cebu's Siomai sa Tisa. His friends referred us to an upsclae Chinese restaurant called Choi Garden. Since it was both our first time, we got a little lost in trying to find the place but with the help of friendly guard from a different restaurant, we were able to find out way.

     The place had a large front entrance with ample parking and valet service! Yey! :D The interior was a bit intimidating but the staff was really nice and friendly. Upon entering the restaurant, they had one of the fanciest welcome I have seen in Manila (see picture).

     I was rather disappointed to know that they only had three varieties of Siomai, Pork Siomai, Japanese Siomai and the other one (haha!). We ended up ordering one Yang Chow Fried Rice, one Steamed Fish w/ Garlic and the dull Pork Siomai (was really looking for quail egg siomai).

     The Steamed Fish was delicious and the serving was generous. The 4 pc. Pork Siomai was fresh but lacked in flavor. The Yang Chow Fried Rice was nothing special. The chili sauce that they had was quite alright but I really missed the one from Cebu City and from Mandarin Restaurant. Overall, it was an OK. We ended up with a bill of P1000 something. It wasn't worth the meal at all. This is what they mean when they say "Charge to Experience".




Choi Garden Face*

Choi Garden Entrance*


Choi Garden Steamed Fish with Garlic*

Choi Garden Yang Chow Friend Rice*


     *Since I was unable to bring a camera or snap some shots using my Iphone, I got the pictures online. I do not own and I did not take any of the pictures posted on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment